I have fallen a little behind so I am giving you the updates
from Easter weekend that I had almost completed before our impromptu trip this
past weekend now and will follow later this week with the activities of this past
weekend (hopefully!)

Oma (who I now have begun to refer to as Elmo) came down
with My Sadie. Yes, I call her
mine. Yes, I want a puppy. I miss Ya-ya and I tell mom and dad multiple
times a day that I want a puppy.
Apparently I need to get some cuter or more sad faces down, because I
have yet to convince dad. Something
about him knowing he would be the one taking care of it. Whatever that means.
There goes Amelia getting off subject. It was fun to see Oma again, this time when I was healthy. I think she was glad to see me my usual smiley/happy self. She spoiled us both by bringing some finds from a yearly sale she goes to…so we got some ‘new for us’ clothes and toys. No complaints here!
![]() |
| Waiting for the show to start. I love my hat from Oma! |

I wouldn’t say “spoiled”, let’s call it “loved”, k Heidi? Saturday AM mom, Elmo, and me went downtown to go see Disney on Ice. All I can say is whoa. There were so many kids and people. It was awesome. I didn’t get the memo that I was supposed to wear a princess dress (there were some cute ones), next time. You get that mom? NEXT time! Elmo “loved” on me there and got me lots of cool things, including a super sweet toy that lights up that I used when it got dark inside and I got my first bites of a slushie AND cotton candy. Any other kid would be on major sugar high….but I have a good tolerance built up. Back to the show….it was awesome. Here are a few pictures. Much to my surprise Mickey Mouse was there with his friends from the clubhouse….needless to say….I was VERY excited to see them all. And then there were the pretty princesses….I think Belle was my favorite. I really need to see the movie, that Beast guy was pretty crazy. I was ultra disappointed that my “Rella” wasn’t there. Seriously, Disney princesses on Ice and no Cinderella…Gimme a break! I made it through every last minute of the show, and even had enough energy at the end to climb all the stairs myself. I crashed hard shortly after getting to the car though! We did some egg dying later in the day and then took it easy the remainder of the night as Sunday was another big day.



![]() |
| Look up you say? What, not that far up? |


We woke up to find Easter baskets …I got some more
candy! I had some fun playing with the grass. I also got some hairbows that I am sharing
with Amelia. Then we got dressed in our
pretty Easter dresses. Yep, we
had cute matching flower dresses…we looked good! We went to church to celebrate Jesus and then
headed back home for a traditional Easter dinner with friends. Ok, it turned out to not be that
traditional. But who doesn’t like some
hot dogs and hamburgers? Not this
girl. I would eat hot dogs daily. Apparently that is not allowed though. Not only was Oma still here to be with us, but my BFF Ava
came over with her little sister Vivian and her mommy and daddy! I had a lot of fun showing her my toys and
then we go to go out in the back and do a hunt for Easter eggs. It was a lot of fun. Much to dad’s surprise, I didn’t just follow
Ava around…I actually found a lot of the eggs myself! She was pretty busy opening them up to see
the goodies, so I got to many of them before her! But she had the right idea, there were
M&M’s and chocolates in the eggs!
Sweet! We may have got caught ‘brown’ handed on an occasion or two. Where I then proceeded to hurry up and stuff
my mouth full of chocolate so they couldn’t take it from me. Boy oh boy did Heidi and Vivian miss
out! We had a lot of fun playing
together…but I guess the parents were afraid our sugar highs were going to
crash so Ava and family had to go home.
I was sad to say goodbye…so Elmo swooped in with some cookie decorating
to take my mind off of things. Nothing
like MORE sugar! I made some real
masterpieces, but then admittedly the sugar did start to get to me…. “I TIRED”….so
after a few minutes of crying/whining they let me go and take a nap. I had to first say goodbye to elmo and Sadie
and then off to dreamland. I think they
made it back to Lincoln before I woke back up.
Yep, I crashed! ![]() |
| Dads and the little ones doing some grilling during the hunt |
![]() |
| a not so successful attempt at a family picture |
Here are just some attempts at "pretty" Easter pictures with friends and family. Not so easy these days!






I will say this sugar stuff sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to when I get the chance to
try it myself. I have actually branched
out from my oatmeal and have had some peas.
I wouldn’t say that I liked them…but I put them down. Mom tells me that the foods will only go up
from here. Here’s hoping that is the
case!
Speaking of cars….I will sign off for now and try to write
about this past weekend which included MANY hours in the car on our trip up
North. Until then, Amelia (& Heidi) OUT!
And here are some bath time fun, pictures
















No comments:
Post a Comment