
Today is a momentous day. HEIDI IS ONE! Isn't that so exciting?? Yep, I made it a whole year with this crazy family of mine. Mom keeps hugging me and telling me that I am her baby and she can't believe I am having a birthday. Where has she been this past year? Despite her efforts, I am no longer a baby and officially moving into the toddler category. They moved me to the toddler class this week and I have been transitioning to all the big things (cot, sippy cups, sitting at table) just fine. Mom thought it was going to be a mess, but as usual, I'm a rock star.
I spent today like most days. Although everyone sang to me when they woke me up this morning. I like it when Amelia wakes me up in the mornings, but the singing was a big bonus! School was like any normal day...But when I came home I got my birthday present. My very own life size panda bear. I am not so sure about it, it is big. Amelia also got me a cool car, which is good since she took over my panda bear. We also got to enjoy some more bday cake. I LOVE birthday cake. I first discovered this during the past weekend in Branson. I guess that was my birthday party. Mom was a little disappointed to not have a huge themed out party for me, but she gave into dad's logic and we celebrated at the cabin with a lot of our friends. In the end that is what matters right...some singing, cake, and time with friends.Get that scary bear away from me!




And a lot of friends it was. There were 22 of us (10 kids) that took a road trip to Branson for a fun filled (some might say crazy) weekend. We got there early enough on Friday that we got to go do a quick hour at the park (since our house was literally down the street!). Maddie and I had fun testing out some of the rides and running around the park. We got back and the rest of the gang had arrived. We all had so much fun together all weekend. Some may have thought it would have been a mad house, but it was full of awesome. Great food, fun, and games. I crashed pretty hard, but I heard some roars of laughter at night so pretty sure the parents had fun too. I slept pretty good too....perhaps because my bed was set up in the dark bathroom. Nice, mom and dad.
![]() |
| fun jumping on bed |
Pictures of fun at the house:
Bath time for Heidi...
Mae and Heidi bonding:
Heidi hugs by all.
Mason likes hugs!
We were trying to see who had the biggest mouth. Looks like Mason won!![]() |
| The whole gang minus 4. Unfortunately the Davenports didn't get to the park at the same time as us for photo op |
![]() |
| Stu & Kristin + 8? Huh? |
![]() |
| just enjoying the perfect weather to stroll around the park! |


![]() |
| a rare family picture. Sporting our husker gear. Dad's head may be cut off, but there is a sweet shot of Heidi's mohawk |
As it has been a while since last posting, I also need to give updates from our trip the weekend before to Lincoln. It was a whirlwind of a trip. We got there late Friday evening (thanks to a few extra stops due to Heidi...Ok, maybe I had to go potty too). Saturday we got to spend all day with Elmo! We had a blast playing with toys, going on walks, reading books, etc. Mom & dad went to the Husker football game. Mom got a sunburn, and the Huskers lost but I think they had a lot of fun...probably not as much fun as us though. We also got a couple quick visits in. Saturday night mom took us over to Noeckers to see Tanja and the kids. We had some pizza and played...and JUMPED. In case you haven't figured out, I love jumping so when I saw they had a trampoline, I was all over it. Sunday morning before we left, we also met Pop pop McLain at Lazlos for lunch. We were hoping to go see his new home, but nap time was approaching and we all know how important that window is....ahem, Heidi. Yeah, yeah....I may not be the best traveler, but come on people....I could be worse. Anyway, I am now 1 and no longer a baby....so watch out world!Heidi OUT!














.jpg)
.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment