Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things are BERRY good



Yes, things are Berry good in the Steffen house these days.  Mom and dad are happy because I am making strides in the fruit department and now will eat blueberries and rasberries.  Admittedly not always as many as they want), but baby steps right?  Speaking of steps....  oh, just kidding.  Still not walking...but I am getting closer.  I am pulling myself up more and enjoy being walked around a lot.  I like to push things at school, but haven't quite got the motivation to do so at home.  Why when I can just have Amelia crawl with me!  Or, better yet get held or take a ride.  We have gone on some family bike rides as of late with a cool new toy that dad got from his friend Dale.  We love it!  I sing in the back.  And Amelia always wants to go farther than mommy and daddy say their legs can take us.  Right now we are content with quick rides to park, etc.

Other highlights since last blogging were:

Our annual check ups at the doctor.  Get this, Heidi made it her entire first year of life without antibiotics.  Apparently the parents figured out something with Round 2, because I did not fare so good.  I had at least 3 or 4 rounds by then.  I also was sick a couple times this year....hmmm.. Amelia, maybe it is just that I have dad's amazing immunities and you are stuck with mom's immune system.  Anyway, this doctor business is bogus.  First off she tells me that I'm short (27.75 inches) and heavy (19 lbs 11 oz) compared to Amelia at my age, (although still only in 25 percentile).  But then she sends the nurse back in with big LONG needles.  That she proceeded to jab into my thighs.  Needless to say, I was NOT ok with that.  Dad, mom, and Amelia all tried to make me feel better, but they didn't get poked so they couldn't really help.  And Amelia got a sucker out of the deal.  So not cool.  I was a good girl and answered the questions so that is why.  I measured at 35.5 inches (good thing I had shoes at Silver Dollar City or I would have been not going on rides!) and 29.5 lbs.  Yes, Heidi is quickly catching up to me!  I almost had to make another trip to the doc this past weekend when I forgot to move my hand and let the mini van sliding door close on my thumb.  But I guess I do have dad's strength after all because I powered through the pain and am doing ok.  No breaking these strong bones!  

Lots of Friends!
1. Guess who came for some dinner and a visit last weekend?  Ava!  With her mommy and baby sister, Vivian, of course.  I could barely contain myself when dad said they were on their way over.  They couldn't drive fast enough!  We ate some food and played in the bouncy house and with my toys.  It was so much fun seeing her again, I wish they didn't live so far away.  I agree, they were all so nice.  I think I could be good friends with Vivian too.  She may be younger, but you would never know as she is about the same size as me....and she enjoys life as much as me.  We are too cheesy girls!  mmm...cheese.  I get sidetracked with all talks of food these days, sorry.  I LOVE to eat.  Everything.  People seem to be impressed with what I can put down and believe me, I can tell you what I want!



2. We also went to a party over at the Wosje's house only to find a bunch of friends (ie gang from Branson).  But I also got to meet Schnetzer, who rocked.  He held me forever and didn't get sick of me...and get this.  I got to see his super sweet new ride.  A fancy Tesla.  Mom said car seats are not allowed in those, so it will be a long time till I ride in one.  I enjoyed eating (I know, big surprise) and playing our new fun game.  Climb in and out of the doggie door.  I think Avery or Evan invented it....I just followed the leader.





trying to hold back Husker Heidi...from taking down those
Tiger fans.
3. Speaking of Evan, dad has been helping the Ungles with some A/C stuff so we have got to hang out with Evan more lately (& Zach of course...but I'm not going to lie, Evan is who I look forward to seeing).  Mom says I am giving mixed signals, since I talk about him a lot...but when he tries to give me a hug everytime we leave, I give the cold shoulder.  He really wanted me to see his room too...but I only agreed once mom said she would go to.  I think dad shed a tear he was so proud of me.  :)  We took a quick trip to Deanna Rose on Saturday where after seeing Evan could do it....I rode a pony!!  It was so fun!
Ok, all calmed down


4. Visit with an old friend, Violet.  It has been a long time since I have hung out with Violet.  But that has now been fixed as she and her mommy, Shelley came by the house for a visit and some dinner.  I had fun showing her my toys, I think she liked the swings.  those are a hit!



Last but not least, we made our 1st visit of the year to the KC Pumpkin Patch.  Heidi thought the pumpkins were cool and that she was a lot stronger than she is...silly girl.  I on the other hand had a blast on the slides!!  It was a little chillier than we expected, so we didn't last out there too long.  Which I think dad was OK with.  OH dad..... 








like my rain gear?

Oh geez, I almost forgot.  I also went to my very first movie on a date with mommy.  It was called Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  (I do love meatballs...but this time, I loved popcorn!).  Yep, along with free tickets we also got free drinks and popcorn.  It was awesome!  I think I did pretty good throughout the movie...but I finally did tell mom about an hour and a half in that I was tired and ready to go home, so we don't know how the movie finished....maybe a reason to go back?!

Last but not least, I have had one molar pop through and believe me it HURT.  Mom & dad got tired of the long nights, but I have since rewarded them with some rockin' nights of sleep.  In fact this Saturday they got to sleep in as I slept 13 hours till 8:30 & Amelia slept till after 9!  Until next time, Heidi OUT!   



1 comment:

  1. I am dying over the picture of all the girls - that face Ava is making, oh my goodness!! Love that you guys got to see Shelley and Violet, too!

    ReplyDelete