Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 1, 2013

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles


Heidi - 2013 and 2011 here
It has been quite a while since last posting, mainly because we had a week vacation in the mix.  I am sure I am going to forget most of what has happened, so hopefully the pictures will guide me and I'll just hodge podge it all together.  We will of course start with the most recent...Halloween!  Heidi recycled my old costume (mini who wore it best below) and since everyone said I was dressed like a "Heidi" last year....we stuck with the name theme and I got to dress like Amelia Earhart.  I have a book about her, but not going to lie....I just love it because I have my very own pink PLANE I get to fly.  Thanks to handy dad....it is awesome!  I raked in a ton of candy and lots of compliments.  Unfortunately, I still have to make deals with mom and dad at dinner and actually eat some fruit/veggies in order to get it.  Not cool.  In addition to today's festivities we also went to Avery & Mae's annual Halloween bash...and as in the past years...it did not disappoint!  It was fun to see everyone and their costumes and of course eat food!
The  party hosts the Davenport's as Peter Pan and the crew















We also had a lot of fun carving and painting pumpkins this year.  We especially like the chalkboard pumpkins.  Man dad is smart!


Hello!!
playing peek-a-boo
Backing up, Elmo came down for a visit before she headed off to her winter trip to Arizona...and she brought a bday present for me (oh, wait...Heidi), but we all know who takes over playing with it.  I'm getting use to getting my toys taken away from me, so I just relish the weekend mornings when I wake up before sleeping beauty and can have some alone playing time.  In fact, I have tried waking up especially early this week, but mom and dad don't agree that weekdays pre-dawn are the optimal playing time.  Just wait for next week and DST.  Haha! 




Speaking of birthdays, we also made a trip up North to Liberty to Davis' 1st bday party.  Now his mom knows how to throw a party.  It was monster themed and full of awesome.  Despite Elmo and mom's efforts, I ate only sugar.  There were cookies, cakes, and goodies galore!  I personally liked climbing his stairs.  There were only 5 or 6 compared to the mountain at our house (and carpet) so they were just my speed.  I guess he isn't climbing yet....but he is walking.  Funny how we are so different yet so close in age, huh?  I may just have given Elmo a taste of how much fun a car ride home with me can be.  She didn't seem overly amused.  Dad said he heard me as we were pulling into the driveway.  Proud moment. All in all, it was a fun time with Elmo as always though and  hope that she is enjoying the good retired life in the desert.  I am sure will be doing some skyping with her soon!
check out our new traveling bags.

I picked them out...and have a lot of
fun pulling mine and Heidis 
We also took a car trip where you ask?  Well first we went up to Omaha to stay in a hotel...and go to the zoo!  The zoo was awesome!  Mom & Dad said that is why they don't like taking me to the KC zoo, I get it now.  hard to compare.  The weather wasn't great, but that was OK as we checked out the Aquarium, the Desert Dome, and the Jungle.  They were all really cool.  Oh, did I mention that grandma and grandpa came down too?  So of course that made our time in Omaha that much more fun.  Per usual, I liked holding papas hand anywhere I could.  You see, we met there because after the zoo, dad and mom took grandma and papas car and they got in our ride.  So confusing!  Well they drove us up to spend a few days in Hartington with the whole family while mom & dad went and enjoyed some eating and laying time in Mexico.  I'm not going to lie, I did miss them and was so glad to see them when we got home.  But in between I had a blast with all the family.  We did a lot of playing.  Grandma had a super cool doll house that I loved playing with along with playing with my cousins, and even playing school with Rhonda, Gabby & Mallorie, went to a volleyball game, had a birthday party for Jack, made play dough....lots of fun was had.  Yeah, I was held a lot....which I like.  I also impressed people with all the food I can eat.  I may just eat more than my big sister.  I was instructed to not walk while mom was away, so I happily obliged.  They were all so nice to me, I even rewarded them on the road trip back down to KC for sleeping for 4 hours.  I would never do that for mom or dad, but they had to get some sort of reward for watching us right?! 




Heidi - 1 year old school pic
Some final updates on things I am doing:  Not walking yet, but I am getting better with walkers and have spent a few seconds at least standing on my own.  Now that mom is back from vacation and here to see it, I'm hoping she won't push me down!  I am told often how smart I am with blocks, puzzles, etc.  So much so that I have begun clapping for myself as soon as I do something.  Mom thinks that is pretty cool....especially since she never taught me to clap.  (I did learn some things while away!).  Dad was complaining about being a little extra cranky upon their return.  I am trying to be better, but life is tough!  
Amelia 3 Year old school pic
 






























Yes, I can go from this. to this

in no time flat.
 
Ok, this is enough of a book until next time!  Amelia & Heidi OUT!




These were some mommy/girls picture fun before vacation.

Here are a few pics from mom and dad's trip...I guess to remind us that they have fun without us too!

beautiful view!
 
their fancy room....wait, I like hotels!


the boys didn't last long in dance lessons



No comments:

Post a Comment