Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

These boots are made for walking


mom's boots totally fit
No major updates here, just been settling in and enjoying fall time.  You know, watching football, raking (ok, playing in) leaves, wearing boots, etc.

I am getting so good at
washing my hands
No, before you wonder....I am not walking officially.  But really getting close.  As you can see, I rock this awesome walker that the Ludlows once again let us borrow.  I also stand a lot better on my own and take a few steps back and forth to mom and dad.  I think my record right now is 8 steps, but crawling is still definitely the way to go. I am still eating like a champ, pretty much anything and everything.  Amelia keeps trying to teach me how to sign "All Done", but that usually isn't the case...so she also taught me "more"...but the thing is, that is already my favorite word to say.  So I don't really have a need to sign it.  I guess mom and dad get sick of hearing that throughout dinnertime, so I could be nice and sign instead.  We will see.

UPDATE: Oh, 1 more thing.  I have overheard mom and dad talking a lot lately about how they have to break me of the nighttime bottle sooner rather than later.  Yet, they never did it...afraid of what I may do, I guess (yes, I have them trained well)....so I went ahead and let them know myself I was ready and refused the bottle the last few nights.  I have now decided I can be a big girl like Amelia and enjoy a few drinks from my sippy cup and watch some Mickey Mouse before bed or, fall asleep on dad's lap....whatever works!


I am progressing too...just in things like reading, writing.  Ok, I may not be reading in the conventional way, but I do like to read books to mom/dad after they read to me.  Mom says I just memorize, but whatever.  I can spell and write my name (although I need some help with the M).  Oh and I can finally ride my trike all by myself.

We actually haven't gone anywhere or had overnight visitors in the last 2 weeks... "what the..."  (yes, that is my new favorite phrase...don't worry, that is the whole statement...nothing bad).  Mom and dad have no idea where it came from.  Bets are on Nana.  Speaking of, they just got back from a trip to Italy...waiting to see what they brought back for me.  : ) Just kidding (another one of my fave phrases)!  We have skyped and I am glad they had fun.  I have also skyped with Elmo and got a tour of her new digs in AZ.  What?yeah, apparently it pays to be old - trips to Italy, homes in AZ....  I kidding..that funny.  Elmo is spending the month of Nov in the sunny state.  Her place looks super nice and it sounds like she is having lots of fun!  One day I will get to go visit, darn working parents!  We are hoping she likes it so we get another opportunity to visit in 2014.  It is not nearly as warm here, but it was in the 60s this weekend, so we did our best to get out and enjoy it.


Let's not forget we did have friends come over for some play time and a BBQ.  Dad can't complain about us girls wearing him out...as our friends the Bodenstabs have 3 boys!  Rennick -4 and Reynolds & Riggs (who are impossible to tell apart!) - 2.  The boys actually liked playing with our girl toys...and we tried to talk their parents into the bonuses of having a bouncy house in the basement!  Hopefully it won't be as long till we see them again!

cutest picture ever, right?
I guess the holidays are coming up, so we are starting to get the house ready.  Mom & dad decided to go the lazy route this year, so we went and bought a fake tree.  Mom is already talking about going back to the real thing next year....I don't care the lights are cool either way!  Time to get decorating.... Love you all, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much (yes...I like to one up everyone on that one).  Of course, we all know Daddy loves me.  I tell mommy that all the time! Amelia OUT!

A video for everyones enjoyment!

Doing some sister bonding


Mom thinks it is cute that both of us found this to be the comfortable sitting position.  We are just little ladies!




No comments:

Post a Comment