Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mr. Turkey

The Holidays are upon us, which means lots of fun to be had and little time for blogging.  What kind of fun you ask?  Well where do I start?  How about back a couple weeks to my Thanksgiving program.  Yep, we practiced 2 songs at school to learn for the big show.  The teachers kept telling Mom & Dad that I was the loudest singer, but they thought that I would get stage fright.  I proved them wrong and rocked that program.  The lights were really bright, but here is dad's attempt at some pictures/video.  I did sing the songs again for them at home so they could get a true sense of my talent.  I may be the next Adele (is that who is cool now?). 
 
Heidi's performance....well, she sat on the stage and didn't cry.  We call that a win.  Her true performance was in the dinner following.  That girl can eat.  Seriously people, give me a break....isn't that what I am suppose to do at dinner?  Just because my big sister is a meat eating bird it appears that I eat a lot.  I am beginning to think it is the other way around.  Take a minute and rub your hand down Amelia's back.  I don't think you are suppose to feel every rib. 

In my defense, I haven't been feeling so great.  I had about 3-4 rough days with very high fevers.  The doc finally gave me some antibiotics which have helped.  I love that pink stuff.  Seriously, you should see how excited she gets for this you would think it is candy.  I have never had any myself...mom says I am strong like that.  Although, I did have a fever last night so stay tuned.  In the meantime, I can imagine how good it is because I love the Vitamin I (ibuprofen) myself.  Actually, I was in and out of sleeping when dad was giving it to me once and still saying "more"....forgetting that it was not milk! 


Since we have been a house of sickies we stuck around here for Thanksgiving and had our own feast.  I love this holiday.  I ate SO much.  Dad made a mean turkey...but my favorites included the green bean casserole and sweet potatoes.  You might not be able to tell from the picture (as we did have a little Thanksgiving fire...mom and her great cooking skills)....but after you took off the charred marshmallows they were great!  Oh and of course the pumpkin pie!!  mmmmmmm....




The weather has been crazy nice, so we have been able to get outside for walks, trips to the park, and even the zoo!  But that has changed as today is REALLY cold and apparently snow is in the forecast.  But that is what winter and Christmas are for, right?  And I am ready...the house is all decorated.  Dad lit up the outside, we got our tree decorated.  It is fake this year, which mom has already been saying that we are going back to real next year as it just isn't the same (but I think it is pretty!).  And I even get to do an advent calendar to count down days to Christmas.  I get to find the sock with the right number each day after school and find a surprise and a verse for mommy to read me.  It is fun!
The new penguins are awesome!

We got ourselves an early Christmas present.  Her name is Nala.  Isn't she cute?  We rescued her a couple weeks ago.  I know, you are going to say she looks just like Ya-Ya.  Well to the outsider, she does.  But take a closer look and she is definitely different.  She is ~7 months old and is full of energy.  We are becoming fast friends.  She likes to lick...a lot.  I throw her toys so she can fetch.  She is still a bit crazy for me, so I don't let her sleep with me much to her disappointment.  It hasn't been an easy transition...as she doesn't like dad - or men in general it seems.  She must have come from something pretty bad, doesn't she know that dad is awesome?!  She growls and barks at him a lot.  But it is getting better and better.  Hopefully she will work out so she can stick with us for a forever home.  I keep hearing mom say she is in a 'trial' period. 
Adoption day

I haven't decided my opinion on her quite yet...I am not a huge fan of the licking myself.  I do think her kennel is pretty cool and she has the same 'hair in the eyes' problem that I do, so we like to sport matching pony tails!


Until next time,  Heidi OUT!

A few fun pics... My new favorite game we found at neighbors garage sale!

Target has some mighty fun shopping carts!
And a fun video of us playing



Feeling a bit better.....and sporty!




No comments:

Post a Comment