Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

11/21/2010

I know, I know....it has been way too long since I have posted.  Well you see, I thought I would wait till I could announce my next big milestone.  That's right....I have hit double digits y'all.  Double digits meaning 10 lbs.  10 lbs at 10 1/2 weeks.  Mom and dad say that I am a slow grower (comparing to all my huge friends - more on that later), but think about it...if I stay at this rate, I will be over 500 lbs at age 10, I am sure I will catch up with other babies one day.  Ok, enough of that.

Life has been quite nice, I am settled into mom and dad's low key/quiet lifestyle.  I think I am digging it that way.  Don't get me wrong other people aren't so bad every once in a while, but I'm pretty content here hanging with them.  I have started voicing my opinion around the house a lot more lately and boy do they like listening to me, so I just keep on talking.  Sometimes I crack myself us, sometimes I get to talking so much I run out of breath.  It is tiring.  Speaking of tiring, I am still burning those calories kicking all day long, but now sometimes I add to it by holding these barbells (aka rattles) that mom and dad gave me.  I figure I should work the upper body too.


Can't quite reach the pedals yet, but it sure is comfy!
I have got out and about quite a bit, the biggest outing was going shopping for a new ride.  I must say it's pretty sweet.  I especially like the tinted windows, I feel like I have quite a bit more room too.  Dad says it will be a good ride when we take road trips and now he will be able to pick me up from daycare since he gets home hours before mom.  I am not sure what this daycare thing they talk about is, but I'm not sure it is good because I keep seeing mom get teary eyed when she talks about it.  She started a countdown to when she goes back to work and I have to go to this daycare place, I guess it is only 9 days.  She just keeps telling me how she is going to miss me.  I guess these next 9 days will be a blast.
Ava, Ryder, & me

Another fun thing last week included having dinner with mom and dad's small group and my new friends.  Of course, we were missing one yet again (Violet couldn't come because her parents were sick), but I got to see Ryder and Ava.  It was pretty fun, we are all within 8 days of each other so we're on the same wave length you see.  Now of course I am the oldest therefore I'm sure they look up to me for guidance, although I am also the smallest (they both outweigh me by 2 pounds!) so I don't know how seriously they take me.  We took some photos, I think Ryder was enjoying being surrounded by us pretty girls (if I do say so myself).  I saw him eyeing Ava, so I did make my move - see picture below, but I was informed that was not appropriate.  Whatever, he didn't seem to mind.   Next time we need to get some pictures of the adults, because they are pretty cool too.  I'm not sure why they only snap us kids.  Anyway, Mom was pretty happy - one because dinner was tacos...mmmm...but secondly her and Ava's mom figured out that Ava and I are going to the same daycare!   Again, not real sure what that is - but I'm thinking it will be pretty cool to know someone.




I slept...
while dad worked
poor Marley..so left out
This weekend including dinner over at the Ludlow's - mom didn't take any photos, so you will just have to trust me that it was fun.  Maddie went to bed early (lightweight), so I laid on the table kicked and told Patty a story myself.  Saturday was a day of raking.  Ok, for dad...i just sat outside in my swing and enjoyed watching him do the work.  Wow there were more leaves than I ever seen in my life.  Yes, I know that is not saying a lot, as it is my first fall, but after 3-4 hours - dad tended to agree with my assessment.  Fun times...  Not so fun times included watching the Huskers lose last night to Texas A&M.  WHAT?  I was even sporting a pretty new Nebraska dress (thanks Noecker's!) for the occasion.  : (  Now I see why they say we are going to the Big 10....no more Texas schools to play our worst against (oh and Big 12 refs that are out to get us!).   Today we had a good time at church and then went on a super long walk!  Mom and dad said that 75 degrees this late in November is not normal so we had to enjoy it.  I enjoyed it so much that I took a nice long nap.  Ahhhh naps....

Enjoy a little video of me playing with my dumbbell....uh, rattle.  I'll try to find my talking videos for a later date.




Pretty new dress!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see these crazy dumb bells you're talking about (need to work my tri's as I'm getting a little flabby, but the video doesn't come through. Can you repost the footage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that is weird. Here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSlHOA0YHw

    ReplyDelete