Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/2010

Check out the link to my new page on the right that will show all my month birthday pics!
cute band-aids didn't make me feel any better

That's right....I am 2 months old!!  I hit the big milestone this past weekend it was a big day for me.  But before I give you those fun-filled details let me give you some stats.  9 lbs 8 oz., 22 inches.  Those were my numbers when I went to the doctor for my 2 month visit on Thursday.  Apparently I am only 25% in both weight and height.  My head on the other hand was in the 50% category.  So I guess that means that   although 75% of the girls are bigger than me, they better watch out on the SAT's - because my head is growing at regular pace meaning my brain needs more room because it is so big.  The trip to the doctor was not all fun and games.  After Doc came in and said I was looking good and reassured mom and dad that I am not too skinny this nurse came back in.  One minute she was smiling at me, and the next minute I felt shooting pains in my legs one after the other.  Before I caught on and gave her a swift kick, dad swooped me up and talked to me.  I tried to tell him that this woman just stuck me and it really, really hurt - but he kept telling me everything was OK.  And his arms were so strong and warm, I started feeling better.  He explained to me that I got these shots they call vaccinations and they are suppose to keep me safe and healthy.  But seriously....3 of them...you could give a girl some warning at least.   I hope I don't have to get any more anytime soon.  They gave me this pretty band-aids and we went home.  All was Ok at first,  but then I did not feel good and I let mommy know.  She eventually gave me something called Tylenol and I felt much better.  Soon enough I was back in my usual position kicking up a storm!   


The next day, mom kept telling me about this 'road trip' we were going to take.  You see dad's cousin Jay was getting married in Omaha and mom and dad really wanted to go to help celebrate.  Finally dad got home and they started putting all this stuff in the car and we headed out.  Something about this just wasn't sitting right with me so I let them know.  Apparently giving them a few screams early on was enough to freak them out, because next thing I knew we were back home.  I heard them discussing what we should do.  Apparently we were going to go to Lincoln and visit Grandma Janice and hopefully meet some of mom and dad's friends but they decided that they had too much scheduled for a quick weekend.  So instead we stayed back at home.  I wasn't so happy the rest of the night, perhaps it was too much for me.  Mom and dad seemed pretty happy that they didn't end up driving home after all.  They did have to do some last minute searching.  For a place for Marley to stay that is.  I guess she wasn't invited to go with us to Omaha.  Luckily our friend's Tyler & Sarah were nice enough to take Marley to their house to play with Lily for a few days, isn't that great?  Marley has since told me that Lily is more fun to play with than me.  She better wait till I get control of my arms, because I'll show her....  



Saturday morning, mom fed me breakfast and we played for a bit.  Then we hopped in the (already packed) car and drove to Omaha.  I was pretty worn out, so once we got out of town I crashed, and if it weren't for the darn sun I would have been out the whole time.  Instead I woke up to seeing mom try to put things in the windows to keep me from getting sun in my eyes.  I guess she does love me, because she looked pretty funny and uncomfortable.  Would it kill them to think about getting tinted windows?!  

Anyway, we made it to the hotel safe and sound.  Mom and dad decided to forego the ceremony as it was clear across town, and I was going to need to eat.  They really don't trust that I will stay quiet.  I don't think I would have ruined the ceremony, but I understand their concern.  Instead we stayed back at the hotel and watched the Nebraska game with all these new friends I met.  That's right I got to meet even more cousins!  Let's see if I can remember them all...there was Siera, Bailey, & Mallorie who I remember from a month or so, but this time I got to meet a bunch of boy cousins.  Zach, Ryan, Jason, & Eric - they all wanted to hold and talk to me too.  I feel so lucky.  Ryan held me first, I wasn't sure what I thought right away, but then I decided he was pretty darn comfy.  I was pretty excited to meet Eric, my godfather...I'm so glad he took a break from his big college life to come down and meet me.  I can't wait till I get some of that gum he was chewing when he held me.  It looked super good.  

Jason, Ryan, & Siera - oh yeah and me napping
I liked staring at Eric





















I don't want to talk much about the game because it wasn't a pretty win.  But in the end it was a "W" and dad says that is what matters.  Even a win in OT to an Iowa State team that only lost because they had the guts to go for 2?  I don't know....but the pollsters seemed to notice because we fell to 8th...but that's OK.  Bring on the next blowout game...KU! Mom and Dad got all dressed up in nice clothes, so they decided to make me change out of my Husker gear into a pretty new dress.  So I could meet even more people.  I got to meet my Aunt Rachelle who was very nice and even brought me a flower.  I didn't mind going downstairs to say hi to people at first, but then I became a bit overwhelmed.  they were getting ready to sit down for dinner and I started looking around the room and seeing ALL the people, it freaked me out.  There were 40 something tables of people, and if I use my big brain to do a bit of math.... brings the totals to 420+ people!!  Wow, I think I was justifiably overwhelmed.  Aunt Rhonda, who was carrying me and introducing me to a bunch of people I won't remember, was nice enough to take me out of the madness for a while.  Too  many people!!! 
We make a pretty good lookin' family I must say!
  I guess mom and dad enjoyed a nice dinner, but I wasn't so happy myself.  So they came upstairs to cheer me up and calm me down a bit.  That worked long enough for mom to go dance one song with dad, after that I decided that she just needed to stay with me and hang out in the room for some good quality time.  We sat and sang some songs and calmed down.  Dad hung out downstairs with his family and got caught up with old friends.  Apparently we missed a "dance off" between the happy couple and their families.  If I would have known such fun was going on downstairs, I may have just ventured back down!  But instead I chose to sleep.  Apparently good, because mom and dad keep talking about trying to figure out what they can simulate from the hotel room as I slept over 7 hours - the longest I have slept to date.  I woke up to eat and then slept another 4 hours!   That would be super sweet if I get my own double bed in my room, but I'm guessing that won't happen again for sometime.  Mom and dad woke me up in the AM because they were hungry and wanted to go enjoy the free breakfast.  I then hung out with the family a bit more before we started the drive back home.  I have so many people that love holding and talking to me, I'm pretty lucky.  I decided to sleep the whole way home again dreaming of all of them (even through the Nascar like fuel pit stop that we took in St. Joe).    Now it is back to the swing of things back here at home.  Which isn't too bad either!
- Amelia Out!
Posing with my cousins Ryan, Eric, & Zach

I think Jason likes me!!  : ) 
Watch out Marley I am catching up to your size!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new page! Can't wait until you're big enough to play with me.

    ReplyDelete