Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

2/20/11





Hi everyone.  I have had some fun and not so fun times since I last blogged.  We'll start from the beginning...and the fun times.  Actually I don't remember much about the rest of the week where I left off.  What I do remember is the weekend Grandma & Grandpa Steffen stopped for a visit.  I guess they are taking a long road trip to Florida and decided to stop and see me on the way.  Yay!  We had a great time getting caught up all day Saturday.  Mom went dress shopping with Stephanie, so dad, grandma, and grandpa stayed to hang with me.  I felt a bit of a cold coming on, but I tried my best not to show it and be on my best behavior for our guests.  I think I was a hit.  They took off Sunday after lunch and we laid low here at home.

My cold/cough started bothering me a bit more, but I kept telling myself I'm 5 months now...stay strong.  Monday AM, mom took me to school where I was excited to see Miss Martha again...and show off my red heart hoodie.  I was ready for Valentine's day!  Well apparently not entirely ready....I woke up from my morning nap and did NOT feel good.  I quickly let them know by screaming and then vomiting all this gross stuff up.   Needless to say, that was no fun.  I had a fever, so they took off some of my clothes to cool me off a bit.  Then mom showed up an hour or so later to pick me up and take me to the doctor.  All the doctor did was inform mom & dad that I had a viral infection (bronchilitis) and that is why I am so hot and can't breathe so well, but they didn't give us any medicine to make me better.  That's right...apparently I was going to have to rough this one out solo - well with mom & dad's support of course.  The next few days are a bit of a blur to me, I just remember wanting to be held ALL the time.  I know...that is so not typical, but their arms just made me feel so much better and forget about how I was feeling.  I know they love me, because they stayed up holding me every night.  By Thursday night, I finally started sweating like crazy...I guess my fever finally broke.  That made me feel lots better.  I woke up Friday with no voice, apparently all my crying and my sore throat/cough finally caught up with me.  Mom kept saying I sounded like a dying cat all week...very nice I know.    So that was my super fun week.  Sick...the entire time.  I like staying home with mom & dad, but not under those conditions, I really hope that is a one time occurrence.  Apparently I also made mom miss out on her surprise...dad sent her flowers for Valentine's day (not a usual thing)...but since she stayed home with me all week, the girl that sits by her at the office got to enjoy them.  She said that I am prettier than any flower, so she wouldn't hold it against me.  Oh..and as if being sick wasn't already awful...I ruined my chance to see my godmother Sonja again and meet her kids.  I was so looking forward to it, as I haven't seen her since I was a couple weeks old and then I went and ruined it by being sick.  :(  They were only going to be here a short while, as a stop on their way from TX to IA, but still....  Ugh.  Stupid sickness.  I'm told that we will make a trip to Lincoln soon to see Grandma Janice (she is back from the other side of the world...yay!) and maybe - just maybe - we'll be able to sneak in a visit with Sonja, as well as other friends then!
Just hold me please...

We have had a pretty low key weekend trying to recover (oh, did I tell you I gave mom & dad a cold too....my bad). Today I am starting to feel better, and I have even got back into my routine of eating and sleeping (by myself), so I can tell that dad and mom are happy about that.  Speaking of eating, apparently I have been growing enough...because I am now officially wearing size 2 diapers today.  Yeah, the little things excite me.

We just got back from a nice walk, I think the fresh air (70 degrees in February!) did me good.  But I  need to keep on sleeping to get well so that next time I write it will be full of exciting - and not sick - news!!!  So....Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment