 |
| I'm 7 months! Did I tell you that I like to stick my tongue out all of the time now?! |
 |
| Having fun with Marley |
Wow, it's been an entire week since my last post. Time sure flies when you are having fun...and I have had some good fun. To start it off...last Wednesday was my 7 month birthday. Yay!!!! So not only did I get to do some posing with my signs (& Marley of course), but I got to go in a little late to school. Why? Well apparently even though it was MY 'birthday', mom got to have the day off of work and go to a Royals game. That totally doesn't seem fair...I say how rude. Oh well, I guess she paid for it by the bright red arms that I see on her. Dad says that I get to go to my first game soon, hopefully the Royals will still have a winning season by the time i get to go. That may require going sooner rather than later! Ok, so back to me being 7 months now. We haven't done any of the major stats lately, but I'm pretty sure i am growing. I must be putting on some pounds because I keep hearing mom grunt every time she picks me up in the car seat. This week I started saying 'da-da' regularly, that seems to make daddy quite happy. Mom tries to get me to say ma-ma, and doesn't seem all that thrilled when I always reply back da-da. I also really feel like I have found my voice, so enjoy screaming/squealing. All happy squeals of course. I have been told I need to learn the appropriate times to be doing this, and learning 'inside voice'. For example, I get a lot of 'shhhhhhh's' at school when I do it when all my friends are napping. But I am having so much fun.... ugh. Let's see what else. I still hate tummy time, I roll over right away and then all is ok. When will they all learn to stop putting me down that way. My teachers keep trying to put me on my knees...but I just decide to lay flat and roll over. I really don't see the appeal in this crawling thing. I'm quite content where I am.

Spring is definitely here, we have pretty tulips outside and I hear the birds chirping every morning. Saturday it was so nice out that we invited the Ludlow's over for a picnic. Turned out that it was nice...but actually a bit too hot to really picnic, so they picked up some OK Joe's and we did an inside picnic on the floor. Maddie and I hung out and watched them eat. I haven't seen Maddie for a couple months so we had to get reacquainted, I showed her some of my toys. She showed me her tricks of rolling around to places, it looks kind of fun...but I'm not sold quite yet. At one point I got a bit tired and put my head on Maddie...or so mom thought so she decided to take a picture. As you can see below (and by the red mark i had later) it actually was not that fun at all! In fact, dad was quite sure that it looked like Maddie was showing her strength by pushing me into the blocks while 3 adults stared and watched (or in mom's case...took pictures). Hmmm.... now I'm going to the plead the 5th on what happened. My memory fails me already! I'm good now, so no worries. Anyway, it started getting close to bed time so Maddie had to leave...but I'm sure glad she came over and hopefully I'll get to see her again sometime soon!
 |
| Don't we look cute? Why does my head always look so big compared to everyone? |
 |
| The "incident" |
 |
| This was the best shot of Harper and her hair that I had! |
Yesterday we went to church and afterward came home to eat and nap. I then went with mom to a party. She shopped and saw some friends she use to work with, and I did my best to look cute. I also got to meet a new friend, Harper. Harper is about 3 months older than me...but she seemed super cool. And boy oh boy do I have some hair envy. She has more hair than dad! Of course we did some playing, and when she got close enough - I immediately went for that soft, curly stuff. It was even better than Marley's to get a handful of. She didn't seem to mind...but mom stopped me before I could get myself a handful to put on my head. Ugh...still no hair for me I guess. I will figure out a more tricky way next time! Enjoy a few more pictures from the week below. AND even a video of me 'talking' with a glimpse of my rolling skills. Amelia OUT!
 |
| Always enjoy eating the foot! |
No comments:
Post a Comment