Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

5/13/2011









It’s Friday the 13th….(key in spooky music) and I haven't blogged for over a week!  Yikes.  Well, blogger was down yesterday, so it's not all my fault.  Anyway....here we go.

Swinging with Jason.....so fun!

I won!  That's right....I was able to talk mom and dad into making the drive to Hartington last weekend after all.  I guess I was a good enough girl Thursday night, because we packed up the car and made the drive Friday morning.  And if I do say so myself, I rocked that car ride, I don't really know why mom & dad would have thought otherwise.  I slept the first 3 hours to Omaha where we stopped to all get some food, fresh air, etc.  We then piled back in the car.  Marley zonked out again pretty fast, but I wasn't too tired - so I just played in my car seat with the few 'toys' they gave me.  You know...an empty gatorade bottle and a book.  FUN.  I did that for an hour or so and then fell asleep for the final hour and a half.  Then we made it to grandma/pa's!  Dad thought it would be fun to not tell anyone we were coming so I think we surprised them when we walked in!  It was just grandma at home (grandpa was working), so I got to spend some time catching up with her and of course taking my 8 month pictures.  Yep, that's right - I am EIGHT months old now!  It may have been a different venue but I had to take the same pictures with my sign.  Mom says that I am too wiggly and curious to try to get a good one of me now.  Sue me for liking to play with the sign!  In case you are interested....mom & dad did weigh me this week and I have gained some weight (I was 15lbs 10 oz) - so I'm slowly packing them on!   
Congratulating the graduate Danielle.  Isn't she SOOOOO pretty?!




Aunt Rachelle!

Picnic time
Back to the trip..of course Grandma called up everyone to let them know we were here - so I got to visit with lots of people.  Aunt Rhonda stopped by while she was on her break from work and I got to hang out with a bunch of my cousins that came by.  Their house seems to be quite the gathering place!  I showed folks how much I enjoy my sassy jumper (that's right - I told dad to pack that with us), that they decided to take me for a swing outside on the tire swing.  Jason was nice enough to let me ride with him.  I thought it was quite fun!!   Of course I saw cousin Danielle.  She was the reason for the drive in the first place.  She graduated from high school!  I didn't get to go to the ceremony, but I did go to the party.  It was a blast.  Mom tried to feed me and make me sleep over there before anyone showed up, but no way was I going to miss out on the fun.  Mom & dad decided to give in and let me go hang out with people.  I can't even begin to tell you how many different people held me, all I know - is I loved every minute.  I think mom & dad were a bit on edge as each hour past my bedtime went by.  They kept saying I was on borrowed time, but I think I showed everyone a good time.  Around 10 they decided it was time for me to go to sleep (I think it was them that was tired) so we went back to grandma & grandpas.  I will admit that once we got in the dark basement, I pretty much zonked out.  I think mom & dad followed me to sleepy land too while everyone else had fun partying the night away.  I guess one day I will get to join in the late night festivities….at least I got to see Danielle and congratulate her.  She is going to be going away to college to Lincoln, mom says that is the only way to go but dad tells me that I may have to stick to an in-state college and go to K-State.  He isn't so sure about KU yet. 


 I woke up Saturday ready to spend some more time with the family….and boy was my wish granted.  It was a beautiful day so I spent a lot of time outside with everyone.  It was so much fun.  Mom & Dad went to Uncle Matt & Aunt Brenda's new Lake house.  I stayed back and held the fort - aka. went on walks with Rachelle & grandma!  Apparently their house is super cool and there is even a crib for me.  So dad said not to worry, I will get a chance to visit sometime!  Saturday night I got some more bonding time with grandma, Gabby, & Mallorie.  They babysat me while dad & mom and all the aunts & uncles had a dinner out without kids.  I had a good time with them but eventually got tired of waiting up so I went to sleep.  Around 12:30 am, I just was NOT feeling good so I thought that would be an awesome start to mother's day to wake both mom & dad up.  They didn't seem too thrilled, but believe me nor was I.  When one of them would hold me, I was fine, but the pain came back everytime they laid me down.  After an hour or 2, and (completely unnecessary)concerns of me waking up everyone in the house, they finally gave me some Tylenol and I was back to dreamland till my usual waking time of 7ish.  Mom didn't seem too thrilled when she came upstairs in the AM, but then she saw my special Mothers day gift for her.  Yep, the crying night was just to throw her off....dad and I totally knew what we were doing.  Dad had a great idea for a present, so with the help of Aunt Rhonda on Saturday, I made a very special present for mom.  Since I can't write yet, I left my mark with my hands & feet!  :)  See the pic.  I think mom really loved it.  Now we'll just see how long it takes her to actually plant something in the pot! 

This week has been good.  I have been sleeping like a rock (it is amazing what being in my own bed will do) and I've been trucking along at school.  Nothing else too new.  I started eating 2 meals at daycare now, but they (like mom & dad) keep trying to sneak in fruit.  YUCK!  If it is not a banana, I would rather starve.   I'm not sure why no one gets the hint.  Really the only thing I thoroughly enjoy these days is puffs.  Everyone keeps saying I am 'living on the edge' these days....I just call it curiosity.  Also, dad seems to be catching on to my special friendship with a boy at school, Calvin.  I overheard him telling mom how we are ALWAYS sitting by each other and making googoo eyes.  I guess I should know that I can't sneak anything past dad.  Anyway, this week has been super long I am ready for another relaxing weekend with the family.  Amelia OUT!


Like father, like daughter.  A sleepy drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment