Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 5, 2011

5/5/2011


Feliz cinco de Mayo!  Yeah, I know some Spanish...my cool leap frog toy helps me learn my abc's and 1-2-3's in Espanol!  : )

So it has been a while since I've posted.  Why you ask?  Who knows I have had some interesting times.  We'll say it was the best of times and the worst of times...  We will start with the Best.  Grandma & Grandpa Steffen surprised me with a quick visit last week.  I guess they showed up at night after I was already sleeping because when I woke up to talk to dad in the AM I was completely thrown off to see them too!  Their visit was short, but I feel like I got to spend quality time in with them.  I showed them all the cool things i do.  Grandma says I am a perfect baby, although I am told that may not always be true, I'll let her keep thinking it!  It was really nice out so we decided to grill out some steaks for dinner.  Of course I wouldn't know, but I think they enjoyed it. 
Some other good times included swinging.  That's right, I recently discovered that I love it when dad swings me on my jumper (which I could hang out in all day also bouncing and turning in!)....so we decided to make a trip to Target to pick up a few things.  One of them included a swing for our tree outside.  This thing is AWESOME.  It puts the ones at the park to shame.  For one, it is way more comfy, but 2...the thing flies.  And I love it.  I have attached a few videos for your enjoyment....you should be able to hear my squeals of delight as i fly half way across the yard.  Don't worry I'm buckled in and it is a strong tree.  Dad says I am his little dare devil!






It took a few tries to get a pic
for dad with his card!
In other news...dad just had a birthday!  I really wanted to treat him nice and help him celebrate but the cough and cold I have had for a while seemed to catch up to me right in time for his birthday.  Thus begins...the Worst of times.  Mom stayed home with me on Tuesday because I had a fever starting on Monday and in turn decided she needed to hold me from 1-6am while I whined like a "dying cat" and slept.  Apparently this is a bit reminiscent of February (that I have conveniently forgot about, but they didn't).  Anyway, after feeling awful all day on dad's b-day we finally went to the doctor.  They were determined it was an ear infection...but nope, clean as a whistle.  So they are thinking it is pnemonia/bronchitis....sweet.  The worst of it is they gave me this horrible pink bubble gum gunk they call amoxicylin and I am NOT a fan.  It totally makes me gag which in turn I of course then puke up everything all over dad.  I sense that dad is not thrilled that I choose to get him every time and not mom.  I think we have done this 4 times now (here is a pic for you to get the idea). But I will admit, that coupled with the ibuprofen sure is making me feel better.  Anyway, needless to say, I have had some of my worst days as of late.  I finally got a full night sleep again last night so went back to school today - only to find out that some of my so called friends also brought hand, foot, & mouth disease with them to play.  Doc says my symptoms are different but I should keep an eye out for any of those symptoms to top everything off.  Awesome...for my friends sake, hopefully mom & dad never figure out who brings all this crap into school to pass around!  Mom says that the alternative is for either her or dad to stay home with me every day.  I am not so sure of that, I have fun playing there....and both mom & dad both looked totally spent after hanging out with me over the last few days, I don't know if they could handle it! 
Ok, I am trying to be a good girl - because this whole sickness thing has thrown a wrench in our plans of driving to Hartington for a long weekend.  I figure if i stay very quiet and happy, they may give in and I'll get to go after all....   Amelia OUT!

P.S. - Not sure I have told you yet...I am not mobile as of yet (still don't see any appeal of the crawling thing), but I do turn myself around all the time while I am sitting.  Perhaps that is an idea..... I may just be a 'scooter'

WHAT?  First of all....I know mom & dad are tired of my fussy/sick
days - but let's talk this over.  Although I bet this phone number is
ringing off the hook on offers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment