 |
| Big hugs for dad |
 |
That's right - no pants. I figured since dad wasn't
here...I might as well roam the house like him. Just
kidding, I was hot!
|
Ok, I barely am making my goal of 4 posts a month...but I'm not breaking it yet, thank goodness for a 31 day month! So the big news of course...DAD IS BACK! Yep, me & mom made it through the week with dad being in WI. I'll back up and tell you the highlights. Monday didn't start off so great. I got bit at school! That's right...i was sitting minding my own business, and one of my so-called "friends" crawled by and bit me on my knee. What? Seriously, what did I do to deserve that? Needless to say, she is now marked off my friendly list. I know I am suppose to forgive, but I never heard an apology. Whatever, apparently the culprit is out of here in a week so I just have to try dodge her the rest of the week. Mom overheard her mom this AM telling the teachers that she was biting her this weekend. You know I'm not too thrilled with eating lately (more on that later) but I haven't thought of exchanging flesh for food. Not yet, at least! Anyway, I got over the incident by the time mom came to pick me up to go home. After I ate some dinner, Stephanie came for a visit. She brought dinner along for her & mom and played with me. I showed her my favorite toys (you know blocks, empty coffee container, etc), I think she thought they were pretty cool. Tuesday before I went to bed, grandma Janice showed up. Sweet! Of course she came bearing another super cute outfit that she made for me. I'll be sure to model it soon. We hung out a bit, but then it was off to bed for the night. Wednesday started off like a normal day at school, but then the sirens started going off and we were carried downstairs. I guess we had a tornado warning. With the recent tornado nearby in Joplin, I think we were all a bit uneasy - but I knew my teachers would take good care of me. We actually sat downstairs and sang songs with the Youth Pastor for a while. It was fun. Luckily what came by here wasn't too bad, but I really hope that is the last time we have one of those this year. Once is enough! Other than that, my week was pretty low key...but good! I got to spend some good time with grandma and show her all my latest skills. A few things added to my list of new skills include: Waving bye-bye, Easily pulling myself from sitting on lap to standing (almost can pull myself up to standing - from floor), and as you can see in this video - these rings are old hat. I don't even need to mess with putting the big ones on, I have mastered the smallest one!
I keep thinking about crawling, but mom told me to go ahead and hold off while dad was gone - so I happilly granted that request.
Friday I had to say goodbye to grandma, but then we got in the car for a trip of our own. Turned out we were going to the airport to pick up dad! His flight was delayed, so I was a bit tired, but I will make the sacrifices in order to see daddy...I missed him so much. Plus, it actually was quite fun staring at people in the airport while we waited! I was so happy to see him, I gave him lots of hugs...but then I started realizing how much my top teeth are hurting me so I started getting a bit crabby. Nothing a little pain reliever couldn't help though. I have some BIG front teeth coming in, and they really haven't been feeling good all weekend - mom & dad keep trying to get me to eat cereal, veggies, etc., but they just don't get that it doesn't feel so good. I guess i will keep refusing, and hope they will eventually catch on.
 |
| riding the carousel |
This past weekend has been pretty low key. Especially for a holiday weekend, but we got to spend some good family bonding time after the week away, so that is good. We went on walks, swinging, out to dinner, to church, Target, etc. The highlight though was yesterday. I went to my first Royal's game! Yep, they even gave me a cool certificate to mark the occassion. This place was pretty awesome. I got to hang out in the Bjorn and walk all over. There were so many people to watch and smile at. I even got to ride my first carousel with daddy (mommy said it would make her tummy sick to ride those things). Wimp! It was totally fun. I was totally planning on telling you how I am a good luck charm to the Royals as there were 2 home runs in the first inning! Apparently I went to quite a few games last season, all of which they won, but I was still inside mom. The Royals were rockin' it and doing as well as I would expect, so we decided it was time to get home and get in a nap. Little do I find out when I get home, but Soria went and blew the win for us AGAIN. I'm going to still claim the undefeated thing, because we were winning when I left. I compare Soria to a field goal kicker. You have 1 job, go in there get 3 guys out (or kick a field goal), and then go home. Apparently he has not got that memo this year. Ugh, I guess I will get plenty of sleep before the next game i go to so I can spread my luck through all 9 innings...as apparently they need it. Speaking of sleep.....talk to you in June! Amelia OUT!

 |
| check out who else was at the game. Steph! |
No comments:
Post a Comment