Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

5/23/2011

Wow.  Has it really been this long since my last entry?  I am sorry....you must all be going through withdrawal.  I am not sure if I even can remember everything, but here goes nothing.

Just relaxing 
Last weekend must have been pretty low key, because I don't remember too much.  I know we did some flower and grocery shopping on Saturday, I had fun hanging in the Bjorn with mom.  I was told that I was such a cute boy.  I suppose my lack of hair, and the fact that I was wearing a black hoodie didn't help matters much.  Mom decided there would be no boy/girl confusion on Sunday so I wore bright pink and a big headband/bow.  I wasn't sure if i would like it, but it wasn't all that bad....and I actually looked pretty cute.  Don't you agree?  Mom decided to make me do some posing for her.


Ava whispering to me at daycare...a bit
hard to hear her since she covered my ear
 "Say what?  We don't need a nap.... OK!"

This past week was good.  Well so I thought.  You see, a while ago I started eating more at school (breakfast & lunch) - and at the same time I decided I could drop my afternoon nap.  So for over a week I was sleeping 30 min (maybe an hour) a day - despite multiple efforts of them trying to lay me down.  This is quite a bit different than the 3+ hours I usually sleep.  I really thought I was just fine without this extra sleep, but later in the week it started to catch up to me.  I got so tired that I couldn't sleep at night all that great either.  My teachers keep saying that I am such a social butterfly and I am afraid to miss out on things.  I am just doing what Ava, my BFF at school tells me too (see pic).  Our teacher said she was going to start cutting up cucumbers for the bags under our eyes.  Don't worry - now that a week has passed, I am over the no napping thing and got back into the swing of things this past weekend!  

Love blowing rasberries with dad
I was pretty busy growing this past week.  Well growing teeth, my top 2 teeth are on their way.  Yipee!  I also am quite close to being mobile.  I have started to attempt to pull myself up (but still need a bit of help), and I rock my way to crawling position, but then realize how much I don't like it so usually go to my tummy and roll over and just play on my back.  I really can get to a ton of stuff just by using my go-go gadget arms and using my killer ab muscles to get me back into sitting position.  Is it wrong that I have a six pack and I'm only 8 months old?

Oh, I almost forgot...it was mom's birthday last week!  Yep, she turned...OLD, but apparently not as old as dad.  We celebrated by going to her favorite Mexican joint - Ponak's. Surprise, she wanted Mexican!  Whatever, I didn't care.  I enjoyed my puffs and looking at all the people there.  Dad & I also got her some perfume and a digital frame so she can actually start showing me off at work.  She said all she needed was our love as a present, but she seemed to enjoy the gifts and dinner - so I am probably safer erring on that side in the future too! 

This past weekend was pretty great.  It was low key - but I totally got caught up on my sleep, had my first trip to a Runza (which by the way must be pretty great, because they were super busy), went on walks (or in my case rides), and most importantly spent some quality time with the family.  This was super important because daddy left me for a week. I know!  How, why??  All these thoughts crossed my mind as we were leaving the airport.  I thought we were just taking another road trip - but then we stopped, daddy got out and kissed me bye-bye and then poof he was gone. :Not cool at all.

Marley & I talking to dad
He went up to LaCrosse, WI for training/work.  Mom and I had a nice time Sunday after he left, and I'm sure it will be fun being just us girls, but I could tell something was missing.  I have never been away from dad for this long (actually, nor has mom).  He got there later than planned because they had a tornado....there was also one close to us in Missouri.  Those look like some horrible, scary stuff.  I guess there were sirens going off at home Sat. night, but I totally slept right through it.  Dad made the executive decision that we didn't need to go downstairs and take cover.  Hopefully that is all I ever have - false alarms.  I have already skyped with him a couple of times since he left yesterday (at the airport and hotel), it is so strange seeing him on the screen.  It looks like daddy, and sounds like him....but something is just not right.  I miss him so much already.  I think mom is about as bad off as me.  4 more days...

Proof that my mothers day gift is in use!!


No comments:

Post a Comment