

This is my latest start to posting in a new month yet. I think the older I get, it is harder to take a break from all the action to sit back and update you all. That's right...I have aged since I last wrote. I hit the big 11 months this past weekend. I am so close to hitting the big O-N-E....I'm getting a bit anxious. But not to get ahead of myself. I'll start back a few days first. Last week was yet another short week at school. From what I remember Mon-Wed were pretty status quo. Martha wasn't in on Wednesday AM, and boy did I let the 'sub' know that I was NOT ok with that. Not at all.... Thursday and Friday school was closed so I got to sleep in. I think mom was quite thrilled that she got to sleep in (till 7:30!) on Thursday and spend the day with me while dad went to work. We had a nice time playing and napping in the morning and then we took a drive to go have lunch with Kellie...and surprise, my friend (from swim lessons) Tatum and her mom were there! Sweet! We all had some lunch and got all caught up on the latest news. There was lots of it to be had! Tatum literally ran circles around me...well when she wasn't trying to poke my eyes, ears, etc. At first I didn't mind her in my personal bubble (I know, big surprise!) but I quickly decided that I had enough of that. Mom did give me kudos for not pulling her long locks...we all know about my hair envy. I am starting to see the benefits of my bald and beautiful look (much cooler, dries fast after bath, etc.) that I have decided to just embrace and stop trying to grab handfuls of others to save for my wig. Anyway, after eating we decided to head to their neighborhood pool. We got all changed and drove down only to find out it was closed! What? Well luckilly Kellie lives on a lake so we still had an option to cool off, yep it was time for a first. First swim in a lake that is. Mom said it was OK, as it wasn't as germ infested as the Ozarks - but dad wasn't so sure when he called and found out where I was. Kellie was nice enough to find me a life jacket just my size (gotta be safe!), so I could go in with her. Unfortunately, mom caught sight of fish in the water (the problem with cleaner lakes) so she wasn't budging from the dock. Eventually she gave in and came and sat with us for a while. I even got to take the vest off and move around a bit! The only downfall to the day was my nose running and heavy eyes, darn allergies.
 |
| Hanging in the lake with Kellie, Tatum and her mom Lacey |


Friday morning came and this time dad stayed home too! YES! I was told this is because we were going to take a road trip to St. Louis! Yep, I guess I did so good with the Steffen family trip to Iowa that I am rewarded with another one. Sweet. Apparently, once again Marley was not invited along so in the AM mom, Marley and I headed over to a new house. I got to meet new friends, Sherre & Riley, that Marley was going to spend the weekend licking (I mean playing with). They sure seemed really nice, I wasn't 100% sure though so I stayed pretty close to mom while we sat there and chatted. One day.... When we got home dad had the car all packed up for our trip. The drive went well, I slept to the 1/2 way point of Columbia where we stopped for some lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. We totally ate too much, but I must say they have some yummy mac n'cheese. And dad's burger was mighty tasty! I was full of energy after lunch so dad sat in the back and played with me (so fun) while mom drove us to the hotel. We ended up getting settled in around 4...so we decided to keep it a low key night. I still wasn't feeling great...beginning to realize that I may just have a cold, not allergies - so we walked to a restaurant down the street. Mom was afraid we were going to get kicked out because it was this fancy place and they walked in with me and wearing shorts. Luckily I'm cute...so I flashed my smile to those around me (which realistically at the time we eat were just a bunch of old people) and no one seemed to mind. Dinner was good, especially the lobster tail. That's right...I'm civilized like that.

 |
| Surveying the lobster remains |
 |
| Enjoying some refreshments after the tour |
 |
| napping with mom |

Saturday morning I slept in a bit, which was much appreciated by mom as apparently my cold had worked its way to her. After we went down to enjoy the buffet breakfast (mmm...bacon), we went to swim in the pool for a while. No worries about eating then swimming with this girl! After getting a little snooze in we got in the car and headed downtown. We had a busy day. First we walked around the Arch. Boy is it BIG. We were going to go up in it, but dad chickened out. Something about too many people. It was starting to get hot, so we walked to get a quick lunch and check out downtown (ie. the ballpark). I was having a lot of fun in my new umbrella stroller, it is a blast swinging my feet back and forth, but eventually the heat got to me and I konked out. Unfortunately the new stroller is not real conducive to sleeping...my head kept falling forward. I awoke in time to get back to the car for a couple minutes to arrive at the home of Anheuser Busch. I guess that isn't a guy...it is a beer. Something I am not allowed to drink for another 20 years. We did the entire tour. Highlights were seeing the big clydesdale horses. They were huge....and grabbing people standing by me while we were in close quarters. I got lots of compliments of being a good baby. Duh... I think the beer (or maybe the cold) got to mom so dad drove us back to the hotel to rest. Mom and I did just that....love the late afternoon naps! We then got back in the car to head to the boathouse for dinner. It is a cute little restaurant on the lake in Forest Park (their Central park of sorts). We met mom's old boss Rachael (She didn't seem old to me!) and her husband Brad and Paul. Apparently Paul is only a year older than me, but he seemed much older. He is really tall...and talks a lot. I was having problems keeping up! He was super anxious to show me the ducks, so after we finished dinner we headed over to feed the ducks. Paul thought they were super cool, I guess they were OK. I just wasnt sure why mom kept feeding them my animal crackers. I'm pretty sure that I'm done with doing this feeding the duck thing if it means giving up one of my favorite snacks! After all that, mom & dad decided it was time to get back and get to bed. I guess that was for the best as it had been a jam packed day.
 |
| Paul feeding the ducks! |
All in all, I'll give St. Louis a pretty good score. I had a fun time exploring some new places and I think that I did quite well on the drive. I think we got back to town just in time on Sunday because dad started feeling bad. I guess I officially passed my cold to the entire family. I hope I didn't share the love with anyone else along the way! Luckily I have been on the way back up this week in time to get back into the school swing of things. I know I love it there, but i think I got a bit use to hanging with mom because I never am ready for her to go in the mornings. Of course once she is gone I have a blast with all my friends. Dad says it is time for me to start getting serious and do some grown up things. I'll eventually get there. It's just so scary! I have finally started getting a bit braver lately though and let go of things while standing....for a few seconds at least. I don't want to fall! Dad thinks it is funny how I sit down so slowly/carefully. I'm sure a video will be posted at some time. But maybe I should have him just plop down to sitting position from standing and see how much fun that is. I would much rather be careful and deliberate. Ok enough for now. Amelia OUT!



 |
| I LOVE rings!!! |
I miss that little face. Must see you all in person...soon!
ReplyDelete