 |
| Can't get enough of this pasta!! |
 |
| The Lego jackpot! Every color, every size! |

Have you ever tried to go somewhere on one of the first weekends it opened? I did and had no success. The weather for the weekend called for rain and we had another dumb house showing for Saturday. I say dumb, well because I mean dumb. It is not only me, but the whole family - even Marley - is getting frustrated with them. It gets great response, but nobody wants to buy it. Oh well maybe an addition is in the works. Anyway, sorry about the rant. Back to my story about the weekend. Last Saturday since it was suppose to rain, that took the zoo out of play, so we decided to try and go down to the new aquarium in Crown Center. We headed down after a nice family nap to check it out. I was in the back when I heard Mom say "oh boy", not in a good way. We parked and went to check it out. We got as far as the back of the line and was told by a security guard that the wait was only 1:45 to 2 hours. WHAT!!! I tried to explain to her that even I could not people watch that long without getting a little antsy. Then I explained to her who my dad was and there was no way we were standing in line that long to look at something that I would not even remember. So we went to the Legoland Store, which by the way if you haven't heard there is a Legoland coming in May. I LOVE legos so am totally excited. We also watched people run through the fountains for awhile. We then went back over to Crown Center where we found this really fun place for me to play and boy did I have fun. Even with so many other kids around I held my ground. On our way out we hit the Crayola store where I colored and played with chalk, so all around it was a fun day and by the way weather guy...it didn't rain. Thanks, thanks a lot.
 |
| Legos make me happy! |
 |
| Ready for school! |
 |
| These goats were a bit TOO friendly for my liking |

On Sunday we went to church in the morning and had another showing at 11 am, so we couldn't go home after church. We decided rain or not we were going to go see some animals. We headed to DeAnna Rose which wasn't far from church. We saw cows, goats, pigs, ducks, turkeys, and all othere things that my dad says Cedar County people would make fun of us for going to see. I guess up there you can just drive down the street and see pretty much all of those animals for free. My dad said he is going to take me to Aunt Rhonda's and see so many cows, I will lose count. I can't wait for that. I was getting sleepy and hungry so we went to Sonic and picked up lunch and had to eat it on the way home, because.... how do I put this nicely....When I get tired I am not pleasant to be around. Needless to say Mom tried to keep me awake as long as possible, but Mom you trained me to be like this, so live with it. I've also decided that Sundays is a day of rest, so rest I wanted to do. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere. As you can see, I have become quite the pro at reading my bible.
We got home and took another great family nap. Are you catching the trend on the weekends? Let me just say that I am not the only one cranky if nap time is not achieved.
 |
| Oops...dad caught me doing a bit of tumbling |

On Tuesday we had our scheduled "Parents as Teachers" meeting, but not at our house this time. Dad picked me up and we met mom at this amazing place. There were so many toys I really didn't know what to do but try and play with them all. Let me explain, since we are trying to sell our house I have been limited to a few toys (not like I had a bunch before we were trying to sell, but come on). I had so much fun playing in the kitchen, legos, pushing everything, every kind of toy, tunnel, foam block you could think of they had. We also learn what kind of food I should be eating and how big of servings I should eat. We also ran into 2 'old' friends...Violet and Harper - there too. It was great seeing them, but I kept getting side tracked with the healthy food I was eating. Turns out I am a fan of zuchinni muffins, but outside of that I managed to avoid all the things I don't like...you know, vegetables/fruits. Anyway, all around it was a great night. While I am thinking of food, I found this cool widget that tracks how big Baby Steffen 2.0 is compared to fruits and vegetables (see it next to my age tracker!). I figure if I get use to this new addition being my least favorite things, it can't be so bad when it comes out, right? Last week it was an avacado (which I actually don't mind when it comes in the form of Chipotle guacamole), this week it is an onion. Yuck.


This past weekend was maybe not as jam packed with activities, but fun nonetheless. My highlights were a trip to the park with the whole family on a beautiful day and sitting on the deck enjoying a fire in the pit. It was awesome! Sunday, mom and I did some shopping on the Plaza at the new H&M and I scored some cool things....then we went and had a yummy dinner with Stephanie. I enjoyed talking with her... from across the table at least! She is going to have a new friend for me (or maybe more so my new sibling - as they will only be a couple weeks apart!).

Amelia OUT!
Oh, forgot to mention that my favorite thing to do these days is help unload the dishwasher. Some say that is weird, but I like things to be in place. Thus my love for puzzles. Anyway, here is a video of me at work.
A few more fun pics.
 |
| Yep, I made it to 6 high tower at Village Inn last weekend! |
Doing some cheerleader moves with dad.

 |
| I love getting my balloon at HyVee! |
No comments:
Post a Comment