 |
| Talking with Grandma Janice |
 |
| Sonja and I wore matching outfits! |
 |
| Me with Sonja and her kids (Achsah, Bo, & Xena) |
I feel like the month of March has been jam packed...or you might say "mad". Especially since I last blogged. To pick up from last time, last Thursday was picture day at school. Really I didn't think much of it, I mean I am posing for pictures at home on a daily basis, I just got to wear nicer clothes than usual. We haven't seen the final output, but I am feeling pretty confident that I got a good shot. The rest of the day went pretty normal, but once i got home I could tell something was up. Dad kept going in and out of the house carrying stuff. I know what that means.... Road trip. We all piled into the car off to Nebraska I heard. I hung out for a while but, per usual, fell asleep by the time we hit the airport and then next thing I knew we were at Grandma Janice's! I haven't seen her since Christmas, so that coupled with the fact it was hours past my bedtime, i was a bit uneasy at first...but I quickly remembered her and how much fun we have. Plus she had presents galore for me. I have some cool Malaysian outfits to grow into now along with my dress from my Germany family. I'm quite global. Anyway, we talked for a bit before I went to bed for real for the night.
Friday was a jam packed day. I will warn you now, that there will be lots of pictures on this post. I played in the AM with grandma and then my godmother Sonja showed up! That's right...I blew my chances of seeing her a month ago because I was sick, but she gave me another shot. Not only did I get to see her again, but she brought her mom, and her 3 kids to also play with me! I think the kids didn't think I was all that much fun, but they sure loved playing with Marley & Sadie. I understand...one day I will be more mobile and I'm sure we will have fun together. Apparently I won't get to see her again real soon, so we got lots of hugs in. Dad says we can make a trip down to Houston sometime...but not when it is TOO hot. After the gang left, we went to a restaurant for lunch...AND to see my Steffen family. They were in town just because they knew I was going to be there. Ok, maybe they were there for some basketball too...but we all know the priorities! Anyway, we took over Granite City. I got to see ALL my aunts and uncles, a majority of my cousins, and of course grandma and grandpa. I just worked my way around the tables, I counted being held by 14 people. Mom & Dad seemed too busy with stuffing their faces that they forgot to take many pictures. They say it is because I didn't sit still long enough to pose with everyone, but I think they just forgot their jobs! Anyway, I answered a lot of their questions (always with the same 'no' response of course)...and got caught up on their lives. Once we were done with lunch and my mid-afternoon snack, we went over to the Noecker's. I got to see Tanja and all the kids. This time at least one of them was interested in me...Tess held me and gave me lots of kisses. She was pretty cool. They were nice to give me some really cool toys and some clothes that they no longer needed, that I am sure I will get a lot of use out of. I sure am a lucky girl! We only stayed for a while, because mom and i had to take dad downtown so he could have a night out with his buddies. That is OK, I had fun spending the evening with Grandma Janice and mom. Geez...that was only day 1.
 |
| lunching with just some of my Steffen clan. Talking to Jack |
 |
yeah, I got close to my 1st drink of Fat
Tire...but Tanja foiled my plan. Like my
do-rag? Part of a super cute outfit she gave me |
Day 2 (Saturday)...after some quiet time in the AM, I was surprised by a visit from my cousin Dalton. It was the first time I met him, so we had lots of introductions to do. I found him quite entertaining and comfortable, it was nice. For lunch mom wanted her favorite mexican (surprise) so we took a trip to TacoInn and stopped to see the Rothe's. Again new people I hadn't met yet...and more kids! Apparently 3 is the magic #. I befriended Lucy as she is my age...actually I am a couple months older than her...so I finally found someone I am bigger than! Well, weight wise we are about the same...but as you can see my head is way bigger. (I'll take it). We had a good time over there, the boys stopped for a while to play with me. We did find out that Oliver has the same kindergarten teacher that mom (and Sonja) had...that lady must be OLD! A little later in the day, I got to see the rest of his family; Uncle Mike, Aunt Jody, & Lane. I guess Miranda was busy so she didn't get to come...that's too bad, as i heard she is pretty cool too. I have so many cousins...it is awesome! I think that was the extent of seeing people on Saturday, I got to spend the rest of the night reading and playing with Grandma Janice. Mom went to see her friend Sarah that had TWO babies in her tummy. Whoa. I guess they are now out, I bet Sarah is pretty tired. Speaking of tired...I think I was overly tired that night...or maybe had a gas bubble from the bottle, or maybe was just missing my bed, but I just couldn't get to sleep that night. Eventually I did...and woke up to play more Sunday AM. Then mom & dad took me to Ruby Tuesday's to meet Grandpa McLain for lunch. I had a good time just watching all the servers going back and forth...I think they liked me too. Of course I showed Grandpa my pretty smile (and new teeth!). He looked lots better than the last couple times I saw him. I am glad his heart is better. We left in the afternoon for the drive back home. Needless to say I was exhausted. I did wake up mid-trip (much to the dismay and fear of dad) but I was content just hanging out looking at my books for 30 min's and then went back to sleep. I have spent most of this week just catching up on sleep. I think I slept half the day a way at school on Monday and I keep going to bed earlier and earlier this week...but still can't get myself to wake up in the AM's like before. I don't know if it is the time change, or if I am beginning to get a little bit of mom's dislike of the mornings.
 |
| Tess liked holding me |
 |
| talking to Uncle Mike & Aunt Jody |
 |
Me & Dalton
|
 |
Lucy and I hanging out
|
 |
| Me & Lane |
 |
lunch with grandpa McLain
|
The rest of this week has been pretty low key. I am rolling over pretty regularly now, so now that dad has seen it multiple times you would think they would stop putting me on my tummy. But no...oh well. The weather has got nicer so we even went on a family walk again yesterday, with promises of more to come. I love just sitting in my stroller checking things out. I also have been keeping busy tracking my teams. What teams you ask? Well I have entered my first March Madness bracket. That's right...how much will it hurt if a 6 month old wins the pool?! How did I pick you ask? Well dad would ask me if I thought a team would win and I would let him know. Of course, I wasn't real positive...so dad had to improvise a bit with my picks so I had some people win. In the end, I have pledged my allegiance to KU...much to dad's dismay. But I was born here....and Nebraska doesn't play BB (right?). Speaking of that, I am a little upset that the below contraband was leaked but mom got a hold of a video that one of my teachers filmed on her phone. I got a stern talking to after this one..... and with my pool pick....I know, I'm asking for it!
 |
I just thought I look cute in this dress!
Amelia OUT! |
No comments:
Post a Comment