Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/9/2011


Well a very exciting thing happened in the Steffen household recently, I celebrated my 1/2 birthday. Unfortunately, it wasn't that eventful because Dad says we only get to celebrate "real" birthdays. Whatever. Sunday I woke up a bit early, I think I just knew it was a big day. Mom dressed me in a new, super cute, outfit and we took our monthly pictures. I know that I now outweigh Marley, but with all of her hair I still think she looks bigger. One day... Anyway, after pictures and breakfast we went to church. It had been a while since I've gone. To that point, can I tell you how happy I am that it is March? February really was a tough month for our house with sicknesses. Of course mom and I both still have coughs...and Marley had to go to the doctor this week for an infection....hmmm...ok, maybe March isn't all that great either. Hopefully things start getting better soon. I digress...church was good I saw Violet at daycare and then saw Ava after the service, so of course that was fun. Did I mention that I now have another Ava in my school? I will refer to her as Ava 2 if ever required. I am not sure if I have room to be BFF's with 2 Ava's, so I may just keep her as an 'acquaintance'. Sorry, easily side tracked today. Afer church it was back to home where I got to skype with both of my grandma's. That really wore me out...so I slept pretty good!

This week has been great thus far, been busy with a lot of the usual stuff; school, playing, eating, sleeping, and growing. Or at least teeth growing. My 2nd tooth has now broke through....exciting stuff.


Getting ready to eat some peas in my new super sweet high chair
that my friend Avery let me borrow.  She is so big she got a new one

Speaking of eating...I keep trying new foods, so I have decided that I am going to start a page with my rankings of foods I'm trying. So look for the new link on the right! Dad and I are hanging out tonight while mom went to go play some volleyball. They said they had hopes of me being a middle blocker for Nebraska one day...but that I still have a lot of growing to do if that is going to happen. I have 18 years to go, so plenty of time!

Sitting up good and posing in my tutu!
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I officially rolled over on Saturday. I have tried to tell mom and dad that I CAN roll over if I want to, I just CHOOSE not to. Apparently, they didn't like that choice. Saturday mom made me do tummy time, so i thought I would surprise her and flip over. No biggie. She called for dad right away so he could see this big accomplishment, but too bad...."You snooze, you lose". I will wait till he least expects it to give him a peek of my abilities.

All right I'm exhausted... Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment