Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

3/3/2011

Anniversary night
Picking up where I left off....last weekend went too fast as usual.  After a relaxing day with mom & dad on Saturday, Sunday afternoon I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from Grandma & Grandpa Steffen again!  I guess they are done with their whirlwind tour of the Southeastern US.  I think they said they drove 6,000 miles.  Ok, I am making up the amount...but whatever, it was a lot.  Their pictures and stories were pretty cool.  Also pretty cool was the fact that I got to hang out with them by myself Sunday evening.  That's right...mom and dad snuck out to go to a nice dinner to celebrate their "anniversary".  I guess that deserves quotes because they were married on leap day.  Whatever, they celebrated 3 years together as husband and wife.  I think that I am a good dinner partner, but apparently they needed some alone time at J.Gilberts and I had alone time with Grandma & Grandpa...  Win-win, I guess!



Ava and I decided we should coordinate a Husker day
at school (which by the way worked, b/c they beat Mizzou)
We let Grace in the picture since she got the 'sport' memo!

Our guests left Monday AM, and it was back to normal weekdays: daycare, home, daycare, home, etc.  Until yesterday.  Dad picked me up a bit early from daycare to take me somewhere special....no, check that, to take me to the doctor.  Ugh, seriously?  I guess it was time for my 6 month check up.  Where does time go, huh?  We did the usual routine.  I was stripped down to my birthday suit and they did their measurements.  As always, I attempted to take in some air to get extra lbs like mom instructed, but I just don't think that works.  I weighed in at 13 lbs 6 oz. which is just below the 10th percentile.  I know, I know....all my friends hit that at 4 months at least, blah, blah.  But I did have some major things going against me: 1. I am not even officially 6 months yet.  2. Hello, I was sick and puking just 2 weeks ago  3. I went through a few days of low appetite during the whole teething thing...  Ok, enough on the weight front.  Height charted in at 25 inches, which knocks me down from 50 to 15 percentile in height.  Right when I was starting to get a complex, the doctor informed me that she pays no attention to height because it is so hard to be accurate.  She started going on about how she did this study where 8 different nurses came in to measure a baby and they all got different results.  Moral of the story - they need to hire some new nurses?  Who knows...but I won't be surprised if my next official height is 30 inches.  My head is still perfect.  Oh, I mean perfectly average.  In other news, I had to get all those darn shots again.  Not a fan.  But we also got the go ahead to start eating some more exciting stuff other than just cereal.  Tonight I tried sweet potatoes, I'm not sure my opinion quite yet.  Stay tuned on stories and pictures of new foods I'm trying!

I think I have mentioned before that my favorite thing to do now is answer everyone's questions.  Of course my answer is always no.  But for some reason people LOVE it.  The nurse was especially entertained yesterday when she was going through all the standard questions and I kept telling her 'no'.   Here is a video that gives a little taste....


Here is another video that mom & dad took after my late night snack.  I was SO tired.

Apparently it is a bit reminiscent of a video of Marley when she was my age.


Amelia OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment