Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Home Sweet Home


Heidi - Day 1
Heidi is home at last.  Forgive me if my blogging falls behind, it takes some getting use to with this new family of 4!  Plus I had 125 pictures to go through from the last week alone.  EEK!!  I was holding the fort down with Grandma Janice, Marley, and Sadie.  Grandma brought me a whole bunch of new toys, which have been totally keeping me busy.  Heidi has been settling in well in her new home and now that she is 1 week old, I am warming up to her.  I love petting her, giving her kisses, and pretty much helping any way I can.  Heidi feel free to chime in at any time if I am missing anything.  What has she been doing while home you ask?

Heidi do you want to take this one?

Thanks Amelia, I will.  I have been eating, pooping, and sleeping.  Back to you Amelia.


Thanks for the input Heidi, looks like that broadcasting school has really paid off.  (yes, Major League reference)  Let's start when they have came home on Thursday.  I went to school and Dad picked me up and took me home.  He looked tired, I guess the couch in the hospital wasn't that comfy.  We went home and mom, grandma, and Heidi was there waiting for me.  Mom really was excited to see me...I guess that makes sense, since it was the first time we have ever spent a night in a different place away from each other.  I wasn't sure about Heidi, so I spent most of my time with grandma, Sadie, and ya-ya. Later that night grandma and grandpa Steffen showed up to see me, and Heidi I guess.  I didn't get to see them too long because I had to go to bed.  They stayed at a hotel and grandma came back over in the morning.  Friday we all just hung around the house, took naps, grandmas cleaned, etc.  I really wanted mom to pick me up, but she hasn't been feeling that great...so I had to suffice with sitting next to her most of the time.  Grandma Janice went back home with promises of another visit again soon.





my cuz, Siera

Saturday Aunt Rhonda came over with Aunt Rachelle, Siera, Jason, and Mallorie.  After a few wrong turns they arrived to see us and hang with us, we messed around and had lunch.  They played with me and all my toys, wore me out so I took a nap.  After nap Dad took me over to the hotel and we all went swimming.  It was a blast, I haven't been in the wa wa for a long time.  We played keep away and I swam with dad, I kicked and kicked, put my head under water and played catch with the ball.  We had a fun rest of the day watching a movie and then I had my first experience in apparently will be a fall tradition.....Husker football games.  As you can see, Heidi and I got dressed in our Husker gear.  Dad tells me this dress is bad luck, but I look so good in it.  But I guess it wasn't until I took it off and went to bed till our team started playing good and pulled out a big W.  Phew....
Most of the group.  How did I not manage to get a pic with Aunt Rhonda?  I promise you she got plenty of niece time in!


Helping grandma in the kitchen
The last couple days have been a bit of a blur getting use to new routines, but I have had a lot of fun playing with grandma & grandpa Steffen before they left to go back home.  It has been nice having all the family here to help out.  Mom & dad said they don't know what they are going to have to do now that we have to cook and clean for ourselves.  I had mac n'cheese and chicken nuggets for dinner so I'm not going to complain!  Steph came over to meet Heidi too...the baby in her tummy is already bigger than her how crazy is that.  I guess he will be here real soon too!

Ok, long enough of a note....enjoy ALL the pics I know that is really what you are here for!  Happy 1 week birthday, lil' sis....a day late.  Amelia OUT!

Pictures from hospital:



Heidi's 1st pic with mom & dad

Meeting Grandma Janice

Sisters first meeting...
Going home day:





Ok, so Heidi is staying with us at the house too??  And Yes...she may have as much hair as me. 
Non successful attempt at full family picture
I can hold lil sister



Some cute sleepy poses:


And just a few other cute pics...

check out my pretty nails

Mmm....caramel apples!!









1 comment: