Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Name Game

Yes, I like to sleep on my tummy.  And I have to hold on to my rag for life so Amelia doesn't take it!
Shhh....my babies are sleeping...

I met more of my Steffen family this past weekend.  That's right...there were still more!  Amelia kept telling me there were a lot of cousins, she is right.  She ensures me that I will eventually figure out who is who as she is finally getting them all down herself.  Daddy's brother Matt and his family all came to visit me.  OK, maybe they wanted to see Amelia too.  But they ALL held me.  Even the little one, Will.   I was good with all the holding, but I did give them all a taste of what it sounds like when I'm mad too.  


Now Heidi isn't all that special, I was held by all of them too.  Yes, apparently I haven't completely dropped the "baby" from my name, one day I may just be Amelia!  But really I was quite OK with the holding business.  I mean especially on our trip to the Pumpkin patch, it made the whole skipping my nap thing lots easier when I didn't have to exert any energy with pesky walking!  Those kids are strong.  Mom keeps telling me I'm too heavy, yet 4 year old Will can pick me up.  Seriously mom....maybe you should check out a gym.  Yes, you did hear me right.  I skipped my nap...oh, the horror.  But if I do say so myself I did pretty good.  Not only did I have an absolute BLAST with everyone at the pumpkin patch, but afterward I got to go back to their hotel and play more.  I went swimming with Bailey at the pool.  I showed her my good kick, kick, kick skills.  I also gave Gabby a taste of my loud voice too.  It was fun, as it echoed in the pool area!  Speaking of taste, I think even Jack was impressed with the food I can put down.  But come on, it was pizza....of course I can do some damage!  After running some laps with Will (he is way faster than me), we finally made it back home and needless to say it didn't take long for me to go to dreamland.  

As you can see, I needed a little help from Bailey with the tricycles...but they were fun!


Speaking of meeting people, yesterday (my 4 week bday) I finally got to go see mom's friend Steph and more importantly my new friend Davis Burke Graham (cool name, huh?!).  Dad pointed out that it is 3 first and last names.  How cool is that?  Anyway, I am exactly 2 weeks older than him...yes, double his age.  Well yesterday anyway.  But that would be pretty hard to tell as you can see in the pic, he is just a 'bit' bigger than me.  Ok, about 2 lbs and a couple inches!  But that's ok....I would prefer to not be the bigger one anyway...AND on top of age, I also have an advantage in the hair department.  Don't bring that up to Amelia though, I guess she was lacking in that area herself.  I will admit that I was pretty tired the whole time I was there, so we didn't have much time to get to know each other (being awake apparently is a requirement there).  But I have been assured that he is a looker and will be a great friend to have!  



Outside of that, we have had a good week.  I have so much fun helping mom and dad give Heidi her bath every night.  She seems to really enjoy it.  Now getting dressed afterward, not so much.  I have been reading her the black/white book.  It was my first book too, so I figured she would like it.  And we have just been enjoying this crazy 70/80 degree weather in October.  I even helped dad with round 1 of raking last night.  I'm sure there will be lots more, because there are a LOT more leaves.  Can't wait!


Time to go.  As many of you are aware, Marley has been sick as of late so if you can include her in your prayers that would be great!  Amelia OUT!


I took a picture of mom and Heidi.  Not too shabby!
And here is some video of me singing and dancing...

Oh....here are my school pictures.  I figure since Heidi pimped out some of her newborn pics, I could do the same.  : )

 



No comments:

Post a Comment