Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let the Comparisons Begin
























Let's not kid anyone, I know that I am going to be compared to Amelia.  I know, I know...we are both our own girls and are loved evenly, blah, blah....but I know that it will happen.  So I figured I would put some things I have heard out there and you can see for yourself in pictures. 



First of all, I celebrated my 1 month birthday last week (as you can tell there was a big to do about it...not!).  I guess Amelia took the same monthly pictures, so obviously there will be comparisons there. What do you guys think....do we look alike?  Note you can look at both of our monthly pictures anytime by clicking on our pictures over on the right!  To celebrate my birthday we made a trip to the doctor.  It wasn't so bad, they just asked us some questions and weighed and measured me.  The nurse was quite impressed at my growth.  I'm up to 21 inches (50 percentile - same as Amelia...but we all know how reliable those measurements are) and 8 lbs 11 oz....yes I gained an ounce for each day since my last visit.  That puts me in the 40-50% range and a whole 5 oz more than Amelia.  Score 1 for me!  

After the doctor visit I got to make a trip to visit Amelia's old school and see her old teachers, they seemed really nice.  WHAT?  Why is this the first I have heard of this.  Not cool.  Not sure why I didn't get to go along.  Apparently she is getting 'the baby of the house' treatment.  Whatever...actually I will tell you I'm still good with being the big sister, she can take over the baby spot.  I never thought I would like (no love) her as much as I do.  I just want to be close to her at all times.
I will throw out a few of the obvious differences.  She beats me in the hair department AND it is way darker.  Weird.  Speaking of darker, Heidi has more of a tan than me.  Mom keeps saying I look like a vampire compared to her.  Vampires are beautiful, right?  So I'm good with that comparison.
picture is kind of foggy, but you can kind of get a vibe
of the difference in coloring
As you have seen in pictures already, Heidi quite enjoys her tummy time - and even takes naps on it.  I, on the other hand, didn't see the joys of being on my tummy until I was like a year.

Heidi cannot jump and play in the leaves and as you can see... I CAN!  After a bit of prodding from dad, I finally jumped in and played with him.  Mom helped some, but that was after dad did hours of dirty work in the front yard.  It was enough to make her sick for this entire week.  Geez, I need to take some lessons on how to get out of work.


I'm sure there are more things, but my mind is blanking...so enjoy the pictures.  And yes, I will admit that Heidi doesn't get many pictures by herself, because I do quite love to pose next to her...ALL the time.  Along with giving her hugs and kisses ALL the time.

Here are some more pics from my 1 month photo shoot.  As you can see, Amelia stole a lot of my action and got in on lots of photos.  


Marley and I getting some zzzz's

I have a lot of Halloween updates to give you, but I was told to let Heidi have her 1 month post to herself...so I will try to throw out the Halloween pictures tomorrow!  Until then, Amelia OUT!



 We both love the Bumbo chair!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment