Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/10

I'm back after a long and eventful weekend, obviously I make no promises of keeping up with this thing daily.  After all, I am only awake a few hours each day.  That goes for mom and dad too...

I decided Thursday night at 11 p.m. that I would no longer be eating at the table of mom.  I wasn't getting enough to eat and my mom and dad, being new and all had a panic attack and called ask a nurse at 2 a.m.  They told them that I was just hungry, so dad made me a bottle.  Luckily the doctor gave them some formula or dad was going for a drive.  Of course the novices were not prepared so they had to get the Internet out and find out how to warm a bottle, boil the bottles, and make the formula.  They say that there use to be a time when people didn't have the Internet.  I'm thinking thank god I wasn't here then...because I may have been in trouble!  Anyway, they finally fed me and I was fine, I slept for three hours, ate again, then slept for another 3 hours.  I went to the doctor and weighed in a bit small 6 lbs 6 oz.  Mom says one day I will be thrilled when the doctor says that I have lost weight, but apparently now that isn't the right way to be going.  So I have to go back on Sunday for another weigh in.
Grandma Kay, Rhonda, Mallorie, Dad, Grandpa Paul, Siera, Brian, and Mom
Minus all the food fiasco, this new home of mine was a full house.  Along with Grandma Janice and her dog...I had even MORE family come and visit.  Grandma and grandpa Steffen came down from NE bringing aunt Rhonda, uncle Brian, cousin Siera, and cousin Mallorie.  I was pretty sure that I was cute, but they loved on me so much that I'm quite sure I'm irresistible.  Not only did they spoil me with love and more cute clothes (including this super sweet tutu and hat in the picture), Siera and Mallorie made cookies and everybody else cleaned the house and did laundry.  Brian and grandpa aerated the yard and cleaned up the deck for us.  I was held all day and loved by everybody.  We had a great time.  Aunt Rhonda stayed overnight and took me up to mom every three hours so that I once again could eat at the table of mom.  She also burped me and changed my diapers all night long.  Mom and dad got a lot of sleep and thank her so much for what she did for them.   Obviously it worked well, because we just got back from the doctor and I am now up to 6lb12oz....almost to birth weight!  Apparently that is a good thing, because mom is thrilled that she can sleep longer at night which means she won't be waking me up either.  So she thinks... we'll see what mood I am in tonight.  

Speaking of sleep... Amelia OUT.



No comments:

Post a Comment