Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

9/25/2010

Boy does time fly when you are having fun.  It has been almost a 1/3 of my life since I last blogged, I really need to aim to improve that stat.  In the meantime, I will try my best to remember all the highlights from this past week.  Week 3....

Mom found this wrap, that put me to sleep right away.  It's pretty sweet!

First of all, I will start with the big news.  I have finally lost my umbilical cord, that eyesore really was holding on too long and it was starting to get in the way of my style.  I mean, who wants a big bump sticking through your shirt?  Now the only big bump sticking out is my tummy.  Per mom and dad, I am getting quite the gut.  I guess that is a good thing.  Dad stuck me in his scale/contraption last night and I am 7lbs 9 oz....so a whole pound more than I was when we got home.  I am eating like a champ, so I would guess it is to be expected.  

So my new (adult) BFF Sonja left us yesterday.  I was so sad the whole way home, I feel like no one gave me warning that she wasn't here to stay.  Not only was she nice to me even though I totally spit up and projectile pooped on her, but while she was here I actually got to see mom without big bags under her eyes.   Sonja and I got some alone time as one day, mom went to get her haircut and then mom and dad went out to some fancy restaurant.  Without ME!!!  What were they thinking?  Well apparently they had a great time and of course Sonja and I had a blast.  Mom got another night away that week too, dad and I stayed home and watched some TV while mom had a girls night out with Sonja, Stephanie, and something called a glass of sangria.

Mom & Dad took a pic with me before ditching me for "date night"
Yesterday I met my Grandpa McLain he came all the way down from Lincoln for the day to meet me.  We chilled for quite a while and got some good quality time in before he had to head back.  Mom says I'll get more chances to see him soon.

Now we are at another weekend with just me, mom, & dad.  I love dad being home all day, we take some good naps together on the couch.  It is Husker Saturday, so of course I am wearing my red & white today.  Dad says that we are just going to listen to tonight's game and no one really will see me, but I'm still sporting a sweet red headband that matches some awesome Husker booties that I just got from the Rothe's.  They are great!  Since the weather is so nice, I'm sure we'll go on another family walk today - so I need to make sure I look good and people know where my allegiance lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment